Thursday, January 14, 2010

JT






















JT is the newest addition to the JoyHouse flock and the first to inhabit the Rooster Coop.

He belongs to the famous Breeze from the Mardis Flock. JT has decided to become aggressive and a problem to the Mardis women. He even threatened the wannabevet Eva on our last encounter. He thinks he is something else and the head hauncho... My job now is to show him WHO is boss and hopefully we can get some pure bred Black Australorps this spring too!
















Of course the JoyHouse girls are supervised by the Bantam Rooster James. He does a fabulous job and is very secure in his position. Even so, he spent about 4 hours making sure that JT knows how things are around here. It was very funny to see James defending his turf.
I love James.

























"I don't know what happened to Enoch's Dog Food!"

5 comments:

  1. haha! my chickens steal dogfood all the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend Sammye asked if I was letting my broody Millie De Fluer Bantam sit on her fertilized eggs. I abruptly answered no.... and immediatly felt horrible.... I then took out two eggs from my fridge... and gave them back to her... she had already layed another.... so we shall see..

    We may end up with 3 or 4 new little bantam crosses between the Daddy James..... (orange and white) and the Millie De Fluer mama... sure to be cute...maybe even a Mardis roo in the mix.... who knows

    ReplyDelete
  3. never mind...... eggs all three cold..... Sparkle scratching and feeding with the rest of the flock.... must have been a practice brood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm GLAD to see that RAT behind bars, hey Eva if you get to the point of getting rid of him please consider letting me shoot him!! I SO would. Boy, James sure don't look scared. It reminds me of David and Goliath, and Goliath IS go'in DOWN! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Breeze..... you are such a JT basher.... Just so you know... he has a german shepherd keeping him in line so far..... Enoch will not let JT hurt me ever.... but will Enoch hurt JT? ....hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

bok bok bok