Monday, July 26, 2010

First Peep!

Earlier this evening, we both heard a noise.  Both of us looked up and looked around.  

James said, "did you hear a MOUSE?"

I hadn't thought of a mouse.  I thought that it was our youngest chicken outside, Little Guy, who still cheeps like a little one.

Then it dawned on me.

Maybe i should look in the incubator.

Sure enough!


Our first hatch is a little male black sexlink, and the end of day 19.

I know he looks like he's dead right there.  But he's not.  He's just a newborn/newhatch, and he's still working to get out of that dadburned shell.  

I keep going over to the 'bator and cheering him on.  When i do, he perks up and peeps a whole bunch and works some more to get out of his egg.  It's great.

Oh, that inspired me to look around a bit, and i have about ten more eggs pipped.  I may not sleep for a couple days.

2 comments:

bok bok bok